Ordo Draconis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

swords or daggers for assassis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fou-Lu
Forum Member
Fou-Lu

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-05-25

swords or daggers for assassis Empty
PostSubject: swords or daggers for assassis   swords or daggers for assassis Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:50 am

Back to top Go down
Exun
Forum Member
Exun

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: swords or daggers for assassis   swords or daggers for assassis Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:10 am

Yup yup, high attack speed characters are the rulers of Damage Dealing. This means that the dual wielders, specifically daggers, are the strongest for melee damage over time.

Especially since most of the damage buffs in the game has been changed from a percentage increase to a fixed increase.

Used to be that Holy Warriors had a Buff that dealt +50% more damage when they used a skill, was very powerful. Now its changed to deal +100 Damage on successful strikes.

I think Dark Magicians have access to the Shade damage buff which deals +50-100 damage on each successful basic attack. Champions have their own version (Essence of Fire) and Breeders have a pet version (Divine Claws?). Dark Magicians also have an attack speed increase buff. When you couple this with the rapid attack speed of a Daggers-Strider and their Assassin's Impact, you get pretty much the highest Damage-Per-Second in the game.

I saw a video awhile back of High level Assassins Fighting a boss in a party. The Assassin we were watching dealt damage so rapidly, there was always 2 layers of damage text on the boss amongst a number of criticals being produced.

Daggers > Swords. But in the case of Holy Warriors, they can only Dual-Wield Swords. For Gaian Fighters Dual Axes > 2-Handed Axe...but I hate dual wielding 2 axes so I'm gonna stick with my Big ol' Axe PnL
Back to top Go down
Fou-Lu
Forum Member
Fou-Lu

PostSubject: Re: swords or daggers for assassis   swords or daggers for assassis Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Well it looks the other way around now that i got the formula for the actual damage.
Seems like swords win.
Even buffs won't help daggers enough to change it. Especially since swords make your skills stronger.
I actually hoped to prove them wrong about swords with this just out of spite. Twisted Evil
But oh well at least i know for sure now. Sad

I've heard that 2-handed weapons are better anyway, which also interest me.
Could i get your p att without weapons and your defense please Exun.
Back to top Go down
Exun
Forum Member
Exun

PostSubject: Re: swords or daggers for assassis   swords or daggers for assassis Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Spoiler:
First one ^^ is without Gear. Second one ------------^^ Is with Gear.

Last edited by Exun on Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fou-Lu
Forum Member
Fou-Lu

PostSubject: Re: swords or daggers for assassis   swords or daggers for assassis Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:04 am

OK, now this one turned out rather obvious.
Stick with the 2h one.
It does 84 points of damage more in pve and 14 more in pvp.
It's also more cost effective and better for skill spamming.
Back to top Go down
Exun
Forum Member
Exun

PostSubject: Re: swords or daggers for assassis   swords or daggers for assassis Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:39 am

Yeah, but for the skill tree of Fighters to Champions; Fighters who use Dual Axes get an extra Stun skill which lasts 2 seconds longer and has half the cooltime, than when they turn Champion, they get an extra skill again and the Dual Axe variants of the 2Hander skills still has less cooltime -_-

Anyway, this thread is meant for daggers and swords right? XD

What weapon are you going to use Fou-Lu? Being a strider probably costs a lot of money since you have to buy 2 swords or 2 daggers -.-"
Back to top Go down
Fou-Lu
Forum Member
Fou-Lu

PostSubject: Re: swords or daggers for assassis   swords or daggers for assassis Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:45 am

Yeah it does. I have to pay around 25% more than you and need a second mystic jewel.
Well i'm using swords and i'll stick with that since i usually like them and my calculations proved them superior.
Sins don't get weapon based skills, so it's only about efficiency in my case.^^

If Earth Shaker is the second stun you're talking about?
That dual axe part seems to be a misprint and should mean 2h axe.
Just look at the requierments. It would be stupid to have a dual axe skill with 3 2h skills as a requirment doesn't it.

Besides the dual axe stun only lasts one second longer according to my information and does far less damage than the 2h one.
God, if my information is right, the dual one actually decreases the damage you would normally do by 57 percent on first level and still 12% when maxed.

So stick with the 2h one if you like it.

By the way are you sure that you can use Storming Serial Cut only with dual axes while you can use Blasting Rock Cut with both? My sources are a bit unsure about that. The same goes for _Log Split.
Seems a bit fishy to me. It would probably be the best if you try that out.
Back to top Go down
Exun
Forum Member
Exun

PostSubject: Re: swords or daggers for assassis   swords or daggers for assassis Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:18 pm

Hmm, I'm not too sure either. Though currently, I can't Dual Wield any 1H Axes. I didn't pick up the Dual Wield Skill because I'm saving all my JP to job level up to 40 for my Barbarian rage, only 2 more Job Levels XD

(And I need around 38K for one level and 40K for the next -.-" )

Here are some ingame screenshots if you're interested, granted, I still hasven't tried actually using the skills.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: swords or daggers for assassis   swords or daggers for assassis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

swords or daggers for assassis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ordo Draconis :: Games :: Rappelz-
Jump to: