Ordo Draconis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rappelz

Go down 
+3
Ash
Draco
Exun
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Exun
Forum Member
Exun

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:19 pm

I'm not sure if any of you have played Rappelz before. I played it during its open beta and it was very good at that time. I stopped playing it as I got to the point where levelling got insanely difficult and I wasn't able to get any new skills or equipment to help me. I was playing by myself mianly.

Well its a great game, since the last time I played, they have completely revamped the skill system, redoing all the existing skills and implementing new classes into the game at the same time.

I may be wrong but I heard the name rappelz was based off something to do with pets in French. Pets are a main attraction in the game, but unlike Shin Megami Tensei, it isn't core to the game. I played for a very long time without bothering with pets (as do many others) and only got one after I needed something else to do.

gpotato Rappelz Site
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Enough said. Downloading now. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://ordodraconis.forumotion.com
Ash
Forum Member
Ash

Number of posts : 215
Job/hobbies : Student/Gaming
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:30 pm

i think i did play this before....nt sure though
edit:i did hear it was quite good but i think it was restricted to the US when i applied so i couldnt play
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:37 pm

Well I had to go to work before it finished downloading, but I'll install it durring lunch and play it when I wake up tomorrow. Since I sleep right after work.

I'll be reading up on the game while I'm here at work since there are no calls coming through the lines most times. I didn't get a single call yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Forum Member
Ash

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:02 am

and u call tht work XD....anyway keep at it waitin fr ur review
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:07 am

It is work... And it's hard work... Isn't trying to stay awake while you have absolutly nothing to do for 8 hours hard for you?

Anyway, my lunch is in about an hour and I'll get the game installed and started on it's updating. So I should have something of a review tomorrow or the next day.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:33 am

Downloaded, installed, and patched. Now I just have to work the end of my shift (Or sit here and not fall asleep), then sleep, and then play. Oh, and give the review that Ash wants and looks forewards to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ash
Forum Member
Ash

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:18 am

lol ur work is hard indeed .....its very hard to stay awake doin nthin Pie hope tht keeps u awake Razz
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:52 am

Actually the woman that comes in complaining about needing a chair with arms woke me up. She is more and more annoying... 2nd time she's taken my chair... She says it's a perscription but I don't know what for. Then she talks about how because of the perscription we have to give up the chair. I'm like, "BS, the companny might have to provide you with an armed chair but I sure as hell don't." I tried to tell her that in a nice way but she just doesn't get it. I provide the chair out of respect but one day she'll have to go find it 5 isles away in order to have it.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Forum Member
Ash

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:16 am

ye like its ur prob she needs a chair with arms why cant she jus get one and keep it......and gratz on 500 posts lol
Back to top Go down
Gabbi
Forum Member
Gabbi

Number of posts : 95
Humor : *easily entertained*
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Dowanloaded and installed. Made a character too Smile
(I jumped into the salamander server. just liked the name)
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:53 am

Currently Mal and I are on the Bahamut server but we'll take a bit of a vote to see what server everyone would rather play on before we get really into the game.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:33 am

I really like this game, I've got to say. I haven't played long but I have a great feeling about it. The movement kinda sucked at first because you cannot move with the keyboard at all. You can only use the mouse to move. I got all kinds of excited when I saw there was a section in the options for key mapping (A recent addition to the game.) but there is still nothing in there for movement. All the keys you can map are for the skill bars and in-game windows that you can pull up.

All of that aside, in DOMO you could move with both the keyboard and mouse but you could not do both at the same time, it would only take the keyboard strokes if I was trying to use both at the same time and it always annoyed me because I'm used to using the WASD to move while using my mouse to direct the character. Since DOMO always fought me while I tried to do so I got frustrated with it on several occasions.

Again, in Rappelz, you can only move with the mouse. So I'm not trying to use the keyboard and not having to fight with the game because of it. So it was annoying that I could not use the keys at first but I'm already used to it after a few hours of play-time. The game metrics are up to par and it's all workable with what it supplies and most if not all of the bugs have been worked out. (Since I'm only in the beginning I can't tell what it's like in later LVLs) The pets are a VERY in-depth part of the game and I believe everyone should have at least one that they LVL with, even if it's one of the starting basic pets. At the very least they will provide some extra damage while you're LVLing and after LVL 40 you can start using them to boost your stats if you have more than one LVLed up. Each pet has their own skills and attack types as well as different stats that they boost while you have them equiped.

All in all, I'm enjoying the game much more in the first few hours than I have any of the other games I've tried and I think I'll stick with it and play with it for a while. I'll even make a section for it in these forums and y'all can let me know if y'all want to play it also so I can add y'all to view that section.

PS: I'm not tuneing out any new games y'all want to try. If you tell me something is good/better than this then I'm more than willing to try it. But I'm tired of downloading a new game every other day and ending up with something I don't like.

Unfortunatly Ash, I don't think this game will work with your current internet situation... But as soon as you have something faster I'll be able to get you up to speed with items and pets I'm sure. Smile
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:18 am

I added a poll to the thread, if you're going to be playing, you should vote on the server name you like most. I'll be staying on the Bahamut server unless popular demand says otherwise. LOL. I don't really care what server y'all want to play on, I just want to play with y'all!
Back to top Go down
Fou-Lu
Forum Member
Fou-Lu

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:37 am

Is that now the new OD-game or would i have to prepare for it suddenly being dropped?
I would not enjoy wasting 20 hours to download a game again Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:42 am

I'll be playing for a while, I can't speak for the others. I'd love to see them post with their answer to that question though.

I didn't realize that it takes you that long to download a game. >_< Why is it so long?
Back to top Go down
Katsi
Forum Member
Katsi

Number of posts : 228
Job/hobbies : IT Person~Anime-Sing-Dance-Play-Sleep
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:52 am

O_O 20 hours??

Think I'll have a look and try the game out, so have to see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/katsi_cavern
Ash
Forum Member
Ash

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:21 am

lol.....too much detail in game?.....i vote we play all servers lol EvilPlan
Back to top Go down
Fou-Lu
Forum Member
Fou-Lu

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:46 am

Well it usually takes me 10-15, hours to download a client because i only have DSL 357 or so.
That is of course, if the download doesn't stop suddenly which it usually does at least once per client (don't ask me why; i have absolutly no idea).
That slow connection is a big hassle, when i'm streaming. It takes me around half an hour for a single episode, if the link is acceptable (still acceptable i guess).

I vote for Bahamut by the way because Bahamut is the deity of my favorite D&D character.^^
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:15 am

Bahamut it is. That'll put 4 of us on the server already.
Back to top Go down
Exun
Forum Member
Exun

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:25 am

Ahh, first time in such a long time logging into Rappelz, the music makes me nostalgic T_T

Yeah, I think we'll just all jump into Bahamut then, otherwise people will need to wait for the poll to end before creating a character XD

(Oh yeah, don't ask me too many questions regarding the game, it has changed a lot more than I thought and I feel like a newbie again XD)
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm going to start adding PPL that are playing to that section of the forum then. PM me if anyone gets missed. Ash, not sure if you want to be added to it also. I just like to keep things organized. Damn me and my OCD.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Forum Member
Ash

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:49 pm

T_T k....ill jus move to my corner lol! anyway im downloading shuld be over in 3-4 days Grr gt work for the v8 races on fri sat sun so shuld be on by sunday eve....and my net conn shuld be fast for like 4-5 days then till the GB limit is reached and then im on this thing again T_T
Back to top Go down
Draco
Administrator
Draco

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 12:26 am

I added you to it also, don't be lonely. LOL. You'll have to be the graphic designer while your net is being stupid. Ha ha! --Whips-- x3
Back to top Go down
Fou-Lu
Forum Member
Fou-Lu

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Finally x3
The client of a thousand truths is mine jocolor
AFter 35 hours (one crashed download icluded) it's finally mine forever mine laah~

God i nearly had a heart attack, when the download volume rapidly dropped close before it finished
(good there are some other reasons as well).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rappelz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rappelz   Rappelz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rappelz
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next